Workforce Development/Retention Specialist
Delivers job readiness and sector-based technical courses to customers participating in the Business Interface training and job placement programs. This position will need to seamlessly report to multiple locations in Delaware. The Workforce Development Trainer is an essential part of a team who has a passion for improving the lives of our program participants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide classroom training on job readiness curriculum specifically for BI’s industry-based employment program
- Assist in the design of training modules and coursework.
- Develop training programs and schedules in collaboration with business partners.
- Develop and maintain a list of local service providers with which to leverage free and/or reduced co services for program participants
- Develop a library of training materials on the various modules developed specifically for BI to include training manuals, participant manuals, PowerPoint presentations, Internet-based training designs, etc.
- Determine the best delivery methods for various training including classroom, published materials, Internet-based offerings, and other leading-edge approaches.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of individual training programs, maintaining related records of program activities, and prepare reports detailing implementation and program results.
- Provide retention services to program participants-services include informal counseling, mentoring support, assistance with supportive service as needed
- Manage retention reporting, including obtaining necessary paperwork, pursuant to the contract reporting requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Social Services, Counseling, Education, or related field
- Working knowledge of workforce development
- Working knowledge~ of community resources and various benefits/entitlements to support low-wage workers and small/medium-sized employers
- Minimum of 5 years of training development and delivery preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to engage adult learners in training activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team
Business Interface mobilizes the business community in support of hiring nontraditional pools of labor. By linking under-served populations with employers in need of well-prepared and willing labor, we help individuals transition from a life of dependency to independence.
Business Interface, LLC_ (BI) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 /year
To apply: Please send your resume to, [email protected] 302-660-7123