Mayor Thaddeus Kirkland has declared a snow emergency for the City of Chester
- The snow emergency is effective immediately
- No vehicle will be permitted to park along a snow emergency route unless signs permit certain parking.
- Travel is only permitted for essential services workers
- City residents are reminded that it is illegal to throw, shovel, cast or otherwise move, place, pile, deposit or dump snow or ice removed from sidewalks, driveways or other areas into the street or public highway
- City ordinance prohibits a person from obstructing the sidewalks or roadways of any street, avenue, road or alley. (The placement of objects such as chairs, traffic cones or trashcans would be a violation of the ordinance.)