Countywide Stay-At-Home/Shelter-In-Place Order: IN EFFECT
By order of Governor Wolf, the Stay-At Home Order has been extended until April 30th. ALL residents of Delaware County are to remain in their homes. You may continue to work if your employer is a life-sustaining business. Residents are only allowed to leave their homes for trips to food markets, doctor appointments and any other necessary outings. While out, practice the principles of Social Distancing. To read more on Gov. Wolf’s latest order, please visit: https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/gov-wolf-and-sec-of-health-expand-stay-at-home-order-to-carbon-cumberland-dauphin-and-schuylkill-counties-extend-school-closures-indefinitely/ .
All Non-Life-Sustaining Businesses To Close
By order of Governor Wolf, only businesses that are classified as “life-sustaining” are permitted to operate. Non-life sustaining businesses are to remain closed.
Businesses requesting waivers should use the following link:
To report a noncompliant business, contact the City of Chester Emergency Operations Center at 610-447-7765 Monday to Friday 8:30A.M. to 4P.M. Please do not call 911 to file reports.
Daycares & Schools
The Chester-Upland School District and all daycares are to remain closed until further notice.
Questions about Coronavirus/COVID-19 can be answered using the following hotlines:
- Greater Philadelphia Area Coronavirus Hotline available 24/7:
- Chester County Health Department available daily 8:30A.M. to 4:30P.M.
Anyone with symptoms of coronavirus wishing to be tested should contact their primary care physician. If you do not have a primary care physician, contact the Crozer Hotline at 610-447-6730.
Confirmed Cases of COVID-19
Cases can be tracked using the following link:
Effective Sunday, March 29th, all SEPTA services, including Regional Rail service, all city and suburban bus and trolley service and the Market Frankford, Broad Street and Norristown High Speed Lines, will begin operating an ESSENTIAL SERVICE schedule.
- In response to Gov. Wolf’s latest orders, Chester City Hall will remain closed to the general public until further notice. A decision concerning online streaming access/ telecommunication devices to facilitate upcoming Deliberative/Council Meetings will be made this week.
- New funding is available to help small businesses impacted by COVID-19 through a new program under the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority’s Small Business First Fund, the COVID-19 Working Capital Access Program. Find out more about the program and how to apply.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development offers working capital loans that could be of assistance to businesses impacted by COVID-19. Resources and information can be found here as they become available.
- Loan applications can also be downloaded at sba.gov/disaster. Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via the SBA’s secure website
The Foundation for Delaware County WIC Program
The Eddystone and Upper Darby WIC offices are closed to the public. Limited WIC representatives are available by telephone to answer questions and to assist families in scheduling and rescheduling WIC appointments following COVID-19 screening recommendations. WIC representatives will continue to process pre-applications and WIC referrals at our administrative office.
The Springfield WIC office will be operating as an eWIC Loading station, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. This station is for loading of eWIC cards only. Photo ID is required for service.
Please work with us to encourage all WIC participants with appointments within the next two weeks to contact WIC at 484-471-3320 prior to coming for their scheduled appointment or to the eWIC Loading Station.
If you are in need of food assistance, beyond what WIC can provide, can contact the USDA National Hunger Hotline at 1-866-348-6479 for assistance.
Please forward your questions, concerns, WIC referral forms to [email protected] Attached you will find general WIC information including call center information and WIC referral form.