Due to the progression of the COVID-19 virus, a State of Emergency has been declared for the city of Chester. In addition to the previous recommendations and in keeping with Federal, State and County standards, be advised that:
- City government will only be operating to ensure essential functions. Regular trash and bulk trash services will not be interrupted. All other operations are hereby suspended. All City government buildings are closed to the general public.
- All dine-in restaurants and bars are closed until further notice.
- Businesses that offer carry-out, delivery and drive-through food and beverage service may continue.
- The Chester Emergency Operations Center is now open and staffed from 8:30a.m. to 4:30pm to answer any questions. The Phone number is 610-447-7765.
- Please do not be alarmed if Police, Fire or EMS personnel interact with you differently. Our first responders are taking extra precautions for your safety due to the number of people they interact with daily.
- Regular and bulk trash pick up service will continue as normal.
- Beginning Tuesday, 3/16, students of the Chester-Upland School District will be provided “Grab and Go” breakfast and lunch, Monday to Friday from 10a.m. to 12:30p.m at the following locations:
- Chester High School – 200 W. 9th Street, Chester
- Stetser Elementary School – 808 E. 17th Street, Chester
- Toby Farms School – 201 Bridgewater Road, Brookhaven
Please also consult the following for additional information:
- 1) 1-877-PA-HEALTH
- 2) 1-800-722-7112
- 3) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- 4) health.pa.gov
Emergency Management Coordinator City of Chester