The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps low-income families pay their heating bills. Households in immediate danger of being without heat can also qualify for crisis grants. The cash grant is a one-time payment sent directly to the utility company/fuel provider to be credited on your bill. These grants range from $500 to $1,500 based on household size, income, and fuel type. LIHEAP is a grant. You do not have to repay it. More information can be found on the attached brochure or at the following website LIHEAP (pa.gov).
To receive help…
- Apply between Oct. 18, 2021 and May 6, 2022.
- You don’t have to be on public assistance
- You don’t need to have an unpaid heating bill
- You can either rent or own your home
How to apply. . .
There are two ways to apply for LIHEAP:
- Online: Apply for benefits online using COMPASS at COMPASS HHS Home (state.pa.us) the online tool for Pennsylvanians to apply for health and human service programs and manage benefit information.
- On paper: You can download a paper application (attached to this email), print it, fill it out, and return it to your local county assistance office – find yours at CAO Contact (pa.gov). After your application is reviewed, you will receive written notice explaining your eligibility and the amount of assistance you will receive. Please allow 30 days for a response.