Supervisor: Property Manager _______=
Effective Date: 01/01/2020_____________________________________________
Under direct supervision of the Property Manager performs general manual and limited unskilled work in the maintenance and upkeep of public housing grounds. Responsibilities include performing a variety of custodial, grounds keeping tasks at the various Authority properties, may operate simple hand tools. Instructions are specific in nature on all but previously learned tasks, and work is subject to review for quality upon completion.
Essential Job Functions (An incumbent may or may not perform all the following duties)
The statements contained here reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the work load.
- Performs general grounds maintenance.
- Pick up debris for eventual disposal as instructed, keeps Authority grounds free of trash.
- Emptying trash receptacles.
- Sweep streets
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous conditions encountered or observed on Authority property.
- Uses a variety of small hand tools and implements such as but not limited to rakes, shovels, brooms, mops, pliers, hedge clippers, etc.
- Sweeps and maintains parking areas.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of grounds maintenance practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, tools, and materials used in repair and groundskeeping.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and applicable safety precautions of the assigned work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, residents, contractors, and the general public.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work while standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend or stoop down
Minimum, Education, Training and/or Experience
- Graduation from high school, or equivalent.
- Some experience in maintenance or grounds care.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered sufficient.
- Ability to be bonded.
- Must be insurable under the Housing Authority’s vehicle insurance policy.