Chester Fire Department
Bureau of Fire Leadership: Darnell Alston (Commissioner Aide), J.P. Shirley (Battalion Chief/Training Officer), Chris McBreen (Battalion Chief), William Rigby IV (Commissioner ), and James Krapf (Battalion Chief)
- To reduce the loss of life and damage to property from fire by applying proactive inspection and code enforcement.
- To provide regional leadership in all areas of fire service issues.
- To protect the environment from natural and human caused disaster.
- To initiate required fire investigation services in order to establish the cause and origin of a fire and to provide evidence and support for required litigation.
- To remain aware of Local, State, National and Global fire service events so that our service delivery is always current and relevant to community needs and can be managed and delivered in a cost effective manner.
- To establish a comprehensive fire safety education and prevention program designed to meet the diversified needs of the entire community.
- To provide emergency mitigation and management at hazardous material incidents.
- To develop and deliver state of the art training and education programs to all members of the department.
- The Fire Department shall extinguish all fires within the boundaries of the City of Chester, and upon request by an outside agency, assist other Departments outside the city limits.
Chester Fire Station 81
Chester, PA 19013
Chester Fire Station 82
Chester Fire Department Mobile Education Unit
Through new and innovative programs like the city’s Mobile Education Unit and “Learn Not to Burn” or “Get out Alive” educational curriculum, children as well as adults can be exposed to a wider range of fire safety and prevention data. The Mobile Education Unit is not just limited to Fire Prevention Week, but can be presented at any time throughout the year not only to the schools but throughout the community for many events.
Various lessons that are taught are “Stop, Drop and Roll Procedure” “Crawling Low”, “E.D.I.T.H” (Exit Drills in the Home) Storm Warning. Proper use of the 911 System, Fire Safety for Seniors and Fire Safety in High Rise Multi Family Dwellings. If your experience with this program is similar to that of other firefighters and teachers, chances are you will find it very enjoyable and worthwhile.
If you would like this program to come to your school or place of business, a request form must be submitted 3 weeks prior to your event. All requests will be accommodated on a first come first serve basis depending upon availability.
Request forms are available at Fire Headquarters located at 320 E. 14th Street or download the form here.
Note to Residents: There is a $25.00 fee for fire reports. Please make payment out to: City of Chester
***WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS ***