Round # 2 of Delco Strong Grants Available to Assist Local Businesses and Non-Profits
Online application window opens on July 7
On June 17, Delaware County Council unanimously voted to authorize the use of CARES Act funds to further assist Delaware County businesses and non-profit organizations that have suffered loss from business interruptions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Modeled after the popular Delco Strong grant program offered in May, “Delco Strong 2” will also allow non-profit organizations to apply for a grant.
Recognizing the critical need to provide additional support to Delaware County’s local business community during the COVID-19 pandemic, Delaware County launched the Delco Strong program in April. Eligible applicants were able to apply for up to $7,500. Grant proceeds could be used for rent, mortgage, utilities, and inventory.
Council’s vote authorizes up to $14 million in additional Delco Strong grants to be distributed to eligible small businesses and non-profit organizations. Business owners and non-profit organizations can apply online beginning on July 7. Businesses are eligible for up to $20,000. Non-profits are eligible for up to $50,000.
“We had an overwhelming response to our first Delco Strong program and we wanted to be able to continue to support our local businesses and also assist our local non-profits,” said Delaware County Councilwoman Elaine Schaefer. “The feedback we received from the first round was incredible. Many business owners contacted us and said that these grants helped to save their businesses and everything they had worked so hard for. We know that our local business community has been greatly impacted, and Delco Strong is one way in which we can help them get back on their feet.”
For-Profit Business Grants:
All for-profit businesses headquartered in Delaware County, with annual revenue of less than $9 million, and incurring economic loss due to COVID-19 are eligible to apply.
- Applications for grants from for-profit businesses will be accepted from Tuesday, July 7 through Thursday, July 9 at 5:00p.m.
- Businesses with annual revenue of up to $4.5 million are eligible for up to $10,000. Businesses with annual revenue of up to $9 million are eligible for up to $20,000.
- Applications can be submitted through the Delco Strong website or can be dropped off in person to the Delaware County Commerce Center. (100 W 6th St # 100, Media, PA.)
- Applicants should visit the website for detailed program eligibility requirements and specific instructions regarding the application process, including hours of operation, deadlines, and information providing technical assistance for online applications.
- Mailed applications will not be accepted.
Non-Profit Organization Grants:
- Applications for grants from non-profit organizations will be accepted from Tuesday, July 7 through Tuesday, July 21 at 5:00p.m.
- Applications can be submitted through The Foundation for Delaware County’s website. Details about the application process will be available on the website on July 2.
- All non-profit grant applications must be submitted online. Mailed and hand-delivered applications will not be accepted.
- New applicants are advised to visit The Foundation for Delaware County’s website prior to the start of the grant application period to set up their online account and learn more about their grant portal tool.
“Our team at The Foundation for Delaware County is grateful to Delaware County Council for recognizing that non-profits not only provide valuable services but that they are employers who pay rent, hire vendors, and have many other local businesses depending on them to be financially sound,” said Frances Sheehan, President of The Foundation for Delaware County. “We encourage all non-profits headquartered in Delaware County with less than $9M in revenues to apply online and also please help us spread the word about this important new funding opportunity.”
The Delco Strong 2 program (for profit businesses) is administered by the Delaware County Economic Development Oversight Board, which together with The Foundation for Delaware County will administer the non-profit community portion. The program is funded entirely by a County Council grant in the amount of $14M.
“Between the two rounds of funding the County has stepped forward in a unified effort to distribute approximately $20M in funds to the business community to keep Delco Strong,” said Patrick Killian, Director of the Delaware County Commerce Center.
Please note: this is a not a first come first serve program. Priority preference for funding is explained on the Delco Strong website.
More details here:
Delco Strong: https://delcostrong.delcopa.org/
The Foundation for Delaware County: https://delcofoundation.org/