Public Notices and Advisories
CITY OF CHESTER RESIDENTS
NO TRASH PICKUP ON MONDAY, MAY 27, 2019
- Monday’s trash will be collected on Tuesday, May 28, 2019.
- NO RECYCLE will be collected on Wednesday, May 29, 2019.
- Tuesday’s trash will be collected on Wednesday, May 29, 2019.
- Thursday’s trash will be collected on Thursday, May 30, 2019.
- Friday’s trash will be collected on Friday, May 31, 2019.
THE FOLLOWING WEEK THE SCHEDULE WILL RETURN TO REGULAR ONCE A WEEK PICKUP.
Councilwoman Portia L. West
Director of Streets & Public Improvements
May 12, 2019
The John A. Watts Lodge is now accepting payment for anyone interested in participating in the 2019 Mother’s Day Parade.
Mothers Day Parade – Cost Sheet
- Cars -$60.00
- Trucks, Vans, Jeeps - $100.00
- Floats -$200.00
- Horses - $25.00 per horse, bulk of 6 horses. $200.00 (must have a scooper attached )
- Groups – Must have a warrant $15.00
Make all checks payable to: John A Watts Parade
Contact: William Henderson 267-257-3829,
LeRoy Wood 610-357-4290,
Robin Freeman 610-314-5003
The City of Chester is undertaking a city wide Parking Plan to better manage our parking resources in the city’s Central Business District, West End of town near Talen Energy Stadium in the Widener University neighborhoods. We invite residents, businesses, and other stakeholders out to listen to the plans that are in store. This parking initiative will also include a new parking lot on Sproul Street and the upgrade of the current municipal parking lots throughout the Central Business District.
Date: Tuesday- March 5, 2019
Time: 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm
Location: City Hall (Community Room)
City Hall Closing Early on February 20, 2019
Due to inclement weather, Chester City Hall will be closing at 1:00pm on Wednesday, February 20, 2019.
- Memorial Day 2019 Trash Schedule
- Mother’s Day Parade Information
- Chester! A City of Opportunities
- City Wide Parking Plan (Informational Meeting)
- City Hall Closing
- Chester City Hall Operating on 2-hour delay Monday, February 11, 2019
- Cancelled Meeting
- FY 2019 Action Plan (CDBG/Home Draft Plan)
- Chester Police Department Mobile App
- MLK Day Trash Schedule