Public Notices and Advisories
Town Hall Meeting
On Thursday, December 8, 2016 Mayor Thaddeus Kirkland and Chester City Council will hold a community discussion. If you have questions or concerns related to the City of Chester, this is a perfect opportunity to take part in an open dialogue.
December 8, 2016
6PM - 8PM
Chester City Hall
CITY OF CHESTER RESIDENTS
NO TRASH PICKUP ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2016
- Monday’s trash will be collected on Monday, November 21, 2016
- Tuesday’s trash will be collected on Tuesday, November 22, 2016
- NO RECYCLE will be picked up Wednesday November 23, 2016
- Thursday’s trash will be picked up on Wednesday, November 24, 2016
- Friday’s trash will be collected on Friday, November 25, 2016
THE FOLLOWING WEEK, THE SCHEDULE WILL RETURN TO REGULAR ONCE A WEEK PICKUP
Councilwoman Portia West
Director of Streets and Public Improvements
CITY OF CHESTER
Please be advised that several City of Chester ordinances have been updated and code enforcement efforts will be stepped up effective January 1, 2017. Any person(s) not in compliance will be penalized according to each respective violation as outlined in the Codified Ordinances of the City of Chester. The information highlighted below can be used as a reference to ensure that you are familiar with the most up to date information and the correct Ordinance that supports our enforcement efforts.
Refuse Receptacles, Bulk Trash and Illegal Dumping:
Refer to ORDINANCE No. 20-2016
- Refuse Receptacles (trash cans) – EVERY household in the City of Chester MUST have a receptacle for the removal of refuse (garbage).
- Bulk Trash – Residents are limited to no more than six (6) items per bulk trash pickup. Annually, all households will receive a bulk trash pickup free of charge; all subsequent requests will be assessed a $25.00 fee.
Refer to PA Crimes Code, Title 18, Chapter 65 & ORDINANCE No. 20-2016
- Illegal Dumping – Any person(s) caught illegally dumping in the City of Chester will be fined $1,000 and could face jail time.
RECYCLING CANS CAN BE PICKED UP AT CHESTER CITY HALL DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS.
ANY VIOLATION OF ORDINANCE No. 20-2016 WILL RESULT IN A FINE UP TO $1,000.00 AND UP TO 30 DAYS IN JAIL.
Refer to ORDINANCE No. 4-2016
- High Grass and Weeds – Improper maintenance or failure to remove weeds, grasses, trees, vines, bushes or other vegetable growth upon any lot, yard, area or piece of ground within the City, is declared to constitute a public nuisance.
Refer to ORDINANCE No. 12-2016
- Trash and Debris – Improper maintenance or removal of trash or debris upon any property owned or occupied within the City, can be declared as a condition causing or contributing to a nuisance detrimental to the public health.
ANY VIOLATION OF ORDINANCE No. 4-2016 or ORDINANCE No. 12-2016 WILL RESULT IN A FINE UP TO $300.00 WITHIN A TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD.
Uses Requiring a Permit:
Refer to ORDINANCE No. 9-2016
- Occupancy Permits – If you occupy a residential or commercial property without a Use and Occupancy Permit, you will be fined up to $1,000.00.
ANY VIOLATION OF ORDINANCE No. 9-2016 WILL RESULT IN A FINE UP TO $1,000.00.
Refer to Article No. 1363
- Zoning Permit – If any person fails to properly secure a zoning permit, the City of Chester will assess a $500 PER DAY fine from the date the penalty was issued.
ANY VIOLATION OF ANY ARTICLE OUTLINED IN THE ZONING ORDINANCE WILL RESULT IN A FINE.
Please reference the Zoning Ordinance by the link below:
Additional Referenced Ordinances:
CITY OF CHESTER RESIDENTS
NO TRASH PICKUP ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2016
“GENERAL ELECTION DAY”
Monday’s trash will be collected on Monday, November 7, 2016.
Tuesday’s trash will be collected on Wednesday, November 9, 2016.
NO RECYCLE will be collected on Wednesday, November 9, 2016.
Thursday’s trash will be collected on Thursday, November 10, 2016.
Friday’s trash will be collected on Friday, November 11, 2016.
DO NOT PUT YOUR TRASH OUT BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED PICKUP.
THE FOLLOWING WEEK, THE SCHEDULE WILL RETURN TO REGULAR ONCE A WEEK PICKUP.
Councilwoman Portia L. West
Director of Streets & Public Improvements
Establishing Community Based Public Private Partnership for the Stormwater Authority
- Town Hall Meeting
- Thanksgiving Holiday Trash Schedule
- Public Notice | Code Enforcement
- Election Day Trash Schedule
- Request for Qualifications & Proposals
- Volunteers Needed
- Position of Patrol Officer
- (DRAFT) 2015 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report
- Labor Day Trash Schedule
- Public Hearing: Petition to Increase Earned Income Tax