Public Notices and Advisories
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
January 22, 2018 Daniel Nesbitt – (610) 891-3997
Applications Being Accepted for Lead Paint Hazard Control Program
Media – Edward T. Coleman, Chief Executive Officer, announced that the Community Action Agency of Delaware County, Inc. (CAADC) is now accepting applications for the Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control Program. In this program, qualifying families who have a child age 5 or under may qualify for new windows and other repairs to help remediate lead paint hazards. Once an application is received, CAADC staff meets with the applicant to explain the program in detail and discuss the hazard of lead-based paint in the home. Next, a lead audit is performed by a licensed firm. A report is prepared showing where lead paint exists in the home. CAADC then prepares a scope of work detailing the steps that will be taken to remove or reduce the lead to acceptable levels. This may include replacing doors and windows, installing new drywall, replacing trim and moldings, etc. When the renovations are complete, another lead audit is performed to be sure that all lead has been removed or reduced to acceptable levels. A copy of the final report, along with educational materials relating to lead hazards, is then given to the family.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Meet certain income guidelines
- Have a child age 5 or under at the time of application
- Be a homeowner (renters are not eligible at this time), and
- Be a resident of Delaware County (not all communities are eligible)
For more information or to receive an application, e-mail Debbie Brodeur at DBrodeur@caadc.org. This program is funded by the Delaware County Office of Housing and Community Development and the Lawrence County Community Action Partnership.
CITY OF CHESTER RESIDENTS
NO TRASH PICKUP ON MONDAY, JANUARY 15, 2018
“DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY”
· Monday’s trash will be collected on Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
· Tuesday’s trash will be collected on Wednesday, January 17, 2018.
· NO RECYCLE will be collected on Wednesday, January 17, 2018.
· Thursday’s trash will be collected on Thursday, January 18, 2018.
· Friday’s trash will be collected on Friday January 19, 2018.
THE FOLLOWING WEEK THE SCHEDULE WILL RETURN TO REGULAR ONCE A WEEK PICKUP.
Access PDF using the button link below.
- 2018 Annual Action Plan (Draft)
- Applications Being Accepted for Lead Paint Hazard Control Program
- Martin Luther King Trash Pickup Schedule
- HUD Annual Community Assessment
- Ordinance: Creation of Chester Stormwater Authority
- 2017 Christmas / New Years Holiday Trash Schedule
- Community Development Block Grant and Home Application
- 2018 City of Chester Annual Action Plan
- Thanksgiving Trash Notice
- Thomas J. Anderson & Associates, Inc. Act 44 Annual Disclosure Form