Public Notices and Advisories
Local Tax Return Due April 18
It’s that time of year again. The 2015 local earned income tax return filing deadline is approaching. The due date is extended to Monday April 18 this year because Washington DC is commemorating Emancipation Day on Friday April 15.
Did you know the quickest way to get your refund is to file online? If you live and work in Pennsylvania, you can e-file on our tax administrator’s secure website, which is available 24/7 at www.KeystoneCollects.com.
Keystone Collections Group’s e-file is the easy, fast and secure way to file your 2015 tax return. It lets you file your tax return when it is most convenient for you. You will need your W-2, your Social Security Number and any other income documents that may apply (such as a PA-UE or a Schedule C).
Keystone redesigned e-file to make it even faster and more user-friendly.
If you have questions regarding local tax filing, visit Keystone’s Frequently Asked Questions or call Keystone’s Taxpayer Helpline at 1-888-328-0565 to speak with a local, knowledgeable Taxpayer Service Agent. You can also email your questions 24/7 to Taxpayer Support. Taxpayer Service Agents try to respond to all online inquiries within three business days.
Taxpayers with earned income in 2015 are required to file a Final Tax Return by Monday, April 18.
Mayor Thaddeus Kirkland has declared a snow emergency for the City of Chester
- The snow emergency is effective immediately
- No vehicle will be permitted to park along a snow emergency route unless signs permit certain parking.
- Travel is only permitted for essential services workers
- City residents are reminded that it is illegal to throw, shovel, cast or otherwise move, place, pile, deposit or dump snow or ice removed from sidewalks, driveways or other areas into the street or public highway
- City ordinance prohibits a person from obstructing the sidewalks or roadways of any street, avenue, road or alley. (The placement of objects such as chairs, traffic cones or trashcans would be a violation of the ordinance.)
City Issues Winter Weather Advisory to Residents
The National Weather Service and local meteorologists have projected several inches of snow for our area. The City of Chester Office of emergency management has compiled a list of tips and reminders for residents ahead of the forecasted winter storm.
- Stockpile Water
- Gather non-perishable food items
- Dress in layers
- Purchase or locate flashlights and candles in case of massive power outages
- Make sure prescriptions are filled and easily accessible
- Fully charge all electronic devices
CITY OFFICIALS ARE ASKING THE PUBLIC TO:
- Limit unnecessary travel beginning at 9:00 PM Friday
- Avoid Emergency Medical Routes (East 22nd Street & Kerlin Street)
- It is ILLEGAL to throw, shovel, cast or otherwise move, place, pile, deposit or dump snow or ice removed from sidewalks, driveways or other areas into the street or public highway.'
- It is ILLEGAL for a person to throw or place snow or other accumulation that has been cleared or partially cleared in the street or highway.
- It is ILLEGAL to obstruct any of the sidewalks or roadways of any street, avenue, road or alley.
(Please do not place objects such as chairs, traffic cones or trash cans in the street in an attempt to reserve parking spaces.)
*** ALL CITY ORDINANCES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED ***
Notice of Construction
January 19, 2016
Amtrak is beginning work in the area around the Lloyd Street Bridge. The work is proposed to start the evening of January 19, 2016 and will continue until completion, which is estimated to take approximately Ninety (90) calendar days, weather permitting.
All work will be completed within the Amtrak Right-of-Way and will consist of the construction of a steel structure to hold their catenary wiring. Due to the nature of this type of work and the need to keep rail service operational during peak hours, the working hours will be from 10:00 PM to 10:00 AM.
Please note that this is the first step in the rehabilitation of the Lloyd Street Bridge Project.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Public Works Director and necessary coordination will commence with Amtrak. All inquiries should be directed to 610-447-7888. Additionally, project updates will be provided on the City Website. We thank you in advance for your patience during this project.
Councilwoman Portia West
Department of Streets & Public Improvements
CITY OF CHESTER RESIDENTS
NO TRASH PICKUP ON MONDAY, JANUARY 18, 2016
“MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY”
Monday’s trash will be collected on Tuesday, January 19, 2016.
Tuesday’s trash will be collected on Wednesday, January 20, 2016.
NO RECYCLE will be collected on Wednesday, January 20, 2016.
Thursday’s trash will be collected on Thursday, January 21, 2016.
Friday’s trash is regular pickup.
THE FOLLOWING WEEK, THE SCHEDULE WILL RETURN TO REGULAR ONCE A WEEK PICKUP.
Councilwoman Portia West
Director of Streets & Public Improvements
- 2016 Taxes
- Snow Emergency Declared – Snowstorm Jonas
- Snowstorm Jonas: Winter Weather Advisory
- Notice of Construction
- 2016: Martin Luther King Day – Trash Schedule
- Early January 2016 Trash Schedule Change
- CDBG Action Plan Development 2016
- Chester City Heroes to be awarded by the Department of Public Safety
- New Year’s Trash Pickup Schedule – 2015
- Christmas Trash Pickup Schedule – 2015