Public Notices and Advisories
This ordinance highlights the amendment that permits the manufacture and/or bulk processing of pharmaceuticals including medical marijuana.
Econsult Solutions Inc., the coordinator (the “Coordinator”) appointed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania under the Municipalities Financial Recovery Act (Act 47 of 1987, as amended) (the “Act”) for the City of Chester, Delaware County, Pennsylvania (the “City), has prepared a report entitled Financial Condition Assessment (the “Report”) pursuant to Section 255 of the Act. The Report states the financial condition of the City the City of Chester, and contains certain findings. The Coordinator is filing the Report with appropriate officials of the City on Friday, May 4, 2018. The Report is open for public inspection, as of Friday, May 4, 2018, at the City Clerk’s Office in Chester City Hall, 1 Fourth Street, Chester, PA 19013, during normal business hours. The Coordinator hereby invites written comments on the Report from any and all persons and entities. Please submit such written comments on or before Saturday, May 19, 2018 by mail or email to: Stephen P. Mullin, Econsult Solutions, 1435 Walnut Street, 4th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19102, firstname.lastname@example.org. Econsult Solutions Inc. will hold a public meeting on the Report at 7:00 pm on 22nd day of May, 2018 at the Council Meeting Room in Chester City Hall, 1 Fourth Street, Chester, PA 19013. The purpose of the public meeting is to receive public comments on the Report. If you are a person with a disability and wish to attend the meeting and require an auxiliary aid, service, or other accommodation to participate in the proceedings, please contact Marita Kelley, Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), 400 North Street, 4th Floor, Harrisburg, PA 17102, (717) 720-7301, to discuss how DCED may best accommodate your needs.
ECONSULT SOLUTIONS INC.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
January 22, 2018 Daniel Nesbitt – (610) 891-3997
Applications Being Accepted for Lead Paint Hazard Control Program
Media – Edward T. Coleman, Chief Executive Officer, announced that the Community Action Agency of Delaware County, Inc. (CAADC) is now accepting applications for the Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control Program. In this program, qualifying families who have a child age 5 or under may qualify for new windows and other repairs to help remediate lead paint hazards. Once an application is received, CAADC staff meets with the applicant to explain the program in detail and discuss the hazard of lead-based paint in the home. Next, a lead audit is performed by a licensed firm. A report is prepared showing where lead paint exists in the home. CAADC then prepares a scope of work detailing the steps that will be taken to remove or reduce the lead to acceptable levels. This may include replacing doors and windows, installing new drywall, replacing trim and moldings, etc. When the renovations are complete, another lead audit is performed to be sure that all lead has been removed or reduced to acceptable levels. A copy of the final report, along with educational materials relating to lead hazards, is then given to the family.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Meet certain income guidelines
- Have a child age 5 or under at the time of application
- Be a homeowner (renters are not eligible at this time), and
- Be a resident of Delaware County (not all communities are eligible)
For more information or to receive an application, e-mail Debbie Brodeur at DBrodeur@caadc.org. This program is funded by the Delaware County Office of Housing and Community Development and the Lawrence County Community Action Partnership.
CITY OF CHESTER RESIDENTS
NO TRASH PICKUP ON MONDAY, JANUARY 15, 2018
“DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY”
· Monday’s trash will be collected on Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
· Tuesday’s trash will be collected on Wednesday, January 17, 2018.
· NO RECYCLE will be collected on Wednesday, January 17, 2018.
· Thursday’s trash will be collected on Thursday, January 18, 2018.
· Friday’s trash will be collected on Friday January 19, 2018.
THE FOLLOWING WEEK THE SCHEDULE WILL RETURN TO REGULAR ONCE A WEEK PICKUP.
- Planning & Zoning Ordinance Amendment
- Public Notice from State Coordinator for City of Chester
- 2018 Annual Action Plan (Draft)
- Applications Being Accepted for Lead Paint Hazard Control Program
- Martin Luther King Trash Pickup Schedule
- HUD Annual Community Assessment
- Ordinance: Creation of Chester Stormwater Authority
- 2017 Christmas / New Years Holiday Trash Schedule
- Community Development Block Grant and Home Application
- 2018 City of Chester Annual Action Plan