Public Notices and Advisories
The City of Chester is undertaking a city wide Parking Plan to better manage our parking resources in the city’s Central Business District and in the Widener University neighborhoods. We invite residents, businesses, and other stakeholders out to listen to the plans that are in store. This parking initiative will also include a new parking lot on Sproul Street and the upgrade of the current municipal parking lots throughout the Central Business District.
Date: Thursday November 15, 2018
Time: 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm
Location: City Hall (Community Room)
The 7th Street Bridge will be closed starting Monday, October 1, 2018. The bridge will be closed indefinitely until the bridge replacement project is complete. An anticipated project completion date is set for May 2020.
The closing is necessary to replace the bridge, which has only received minor repairs within the last decade.
West 7th Street between Penn Street and Sproul Street will be closed to all traffic during the entire duration of the project.
Advanced notice signs will be installed to notify the traveling public
Residents and any person(s) traveling in the area are encouraged to use West 9th Street or West 6th Street as alternative routes.
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (FY 2017)
- Thanksgiving Trash Pickup Schedule
- City Wide Parking Plan (Informational Meeting)
- 7th Street Bridge Closure
- Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (FY 2017)
- Toys for Tots 2018
- State of the City Address
- ChesterFest 2018 Vendor Applications
- 2018 Food Service Program
- Planning & Zoning Ordinance Amendment
- Public Notice from State Coordinator for City of Chester