Public Notices and Advisories
Establishing Community Based Public Private Partnership for the Stormwater Authority
We are in need of 150 volunteers to participate in a training (drill), to familiarize our residents with the screening and distribution of medication in the event there was a biological threat present in the City of Chester and surrounding areas.
*** Interested in volunteering? ***
Email your contact information to Rosetta Cater at: email@example.com
City of Chester
The City of Chester is interested in establishing an Eligibility List for the position of Patrol Officer. Applications will be available at the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 1 Fourth Street, Chester, PA 19013, beginning September 12, 2016 between the hours of 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday. There will be no exceptions to these times for pick up or return of application. A non-refundable processing fee of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) Money Order or Cashier's Check payable to the City of Chester is required at the time of obtaining the application. If there are any questions, please contact (610) 447-7795 for further information.
Completed applications include Proof of:
- Age 21 years at the date of testing on October 14, 2016.
- US Citizenship (Birth / Baptismal Certificate is acceptable)
- High School Diploma / GED
- Valid Driver's License / Passport
- Proof of Veteran's Status, if applicable
- Proof of 120 Certification, if applicable
Applications must be returned in person by the applicant, along with the items listed above for verification (copies are acceptable), to the Office of the City Clerk during the hours listed above no later than 4:00 PM on September 30, 2016. There will be no exceptions. If hired, applicants residing outside of the City of Chester must establish residency within three (3) months of date of hire.
*Applicants will have to pass a Physical Agility as outlined by the Municipal Police Officer Education and Training Commission prior to being permitted to take the written Civil Service Test.
The written test will be given on October 14, 2016 at City Hall, Community Room (off of Rt. 291). Check in time will be 10:00 AM.
CHESTER CIVIL SERVICE BOARD
Office of the City Clerk
1 Fourth Street, Chester, PA 19013
An Equal Opportunity Employer
CITY OF CHESTER RESIDENTS
NO TRASH PICKUP ON:
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2016 “LABOR DAY”
- Monday’s trash will be collected on Tuesday, September 6, 2016.
- Tuesday’s trash will be collected on Wednesday, September 7, 2016.
- NO RECYCLE will be collected on Wednesday, September 7, 2016.
- Thursday’s trash will be collected on Thursday, September 8, 2016.
- Friday’s trash will be collected on Friday, September 9, 2016.
DO NOT PUT YOUR TRASH OUT BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED HOLIDAY PICKUP.
THE TRASH SCHEDULE WILL RETURN TO THE REGULAR, ONCE A WEEK PICKUP THE WEEK OF:
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2016
- Request for Qualifications & Proposals
- Volunteers Needed
- Position of Patrol Officer
- (DRAFT) 2015 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report
- Labor Day Trash Schedule
- Public Hearing: Petition to Increase Earned Income Tax
- I-95 Overhead Bridges Rehabilitation Project
- Heat Advisory / Cooling Stations
- Public Meeting Announcement – Act 47
- Zoning Hearing Board – July 20, 2016 – Cancelled