Public Notices and Advisories
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a Public Hearing will be held by the Court of Common Pleas of Delaware County, Pennsylvania on March 2, 2017, at 9:00 AM, in Courtroom number TBA, Court House, Media, Pennsylvania for the purpose of hearing testimony relative to the Petition of the City of Chester for authorization to increase the earned income tax rate for non-residents from one percent (1%) to one and one tenth of a percent (1.05%) for 2017.
Any person desiring to offer testimony and/or evidence either in support or in objection thereto may be present and be heard.
There will be NO change to the trash collection schedule for the weeks of
- DECEMBER 25, 2016 - “CHRISTMAS DAY”
- JANUARY 1, 2017 - “NEW YEAR’S DAY”
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR
Councilwoman Portia West
Director of Streets & Public Improvements
To: City of Chester Non-Profit Organizations and Interested Parties
Planning for the F.Y. 2017 Annual Action Plan in connection with the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnerships Programs has begun, and an initial public hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, December 14, 2016, at 9:00 a.m. in City Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 1 Fourth Street, Chester, PA.
Click Here for a copy of the application package for CDBG and HOME funding. This application can be used for either the CDBG Program or the HOME Program. I am available to answer any questions or address concerns related to the preparation of Proposals, and you can reach me at (610) 447-7854 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Proposals from applicants requesting CDBG or HOME funding will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 28, 2016.
A proposed Action Plan indicating City Council’s projected use of CDBG and HOME funds is scheduled to be available for public review and comment during the period of February 1 – March 3, 2017. A public hearing on the proposed Action Plan is scheduled to be held on Wednesday, February 8, 2017.
JO ANN RUARK
Director of Community Development
Town Hall Meeting
On Thursday, December 8, 2016 Mayor Thaddeus Kirkland and Chester City Council will hold a community discussion. If you have questions or concerns related to the City of Chester, this is a perfect opportunity to take part in an open dialogue.
December 8, 2016
6PM - 8PM
Chester City Hall
CITY OF CHESTER RESIDENTS
NO TRASH PICKUP ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2016
- Monday’s trash will be collected on Monday, November 21, 2016
- Tuesday’s trash will be collected on Tuesday, November 22, 2016
- NO RECYCLE will be picked up Wednesday November 23, 2016
- Thursday’s trash will be picked up on Wednesday, November 24, 2016
- Friday’s trash will be collected on Friday, November 25, 2016
THE FOLLOWING WEEK, THE SCHEDULE WILL RETURN TO REGULAR ONCE A WEEK PICKUP
Councilwoman Portia West
Director of Streets and Public Improvements
- Public Hearing: 2017 Earned Income Tax Rates
- Holiday Trash Collection
- 2017 CDBG and HOME Program Application
- Town Hall Meeting
- Thanksgiving Holiday Trash Schedule
- Public Notice | Code Enforcement
- Election Day Trash Schedule
- Request for Qualifications & Proposals
- Volunteers Needed
- Position of Patrol Officer