Finance & Tax Office
Councilman Nafis Nichols
Director, Department of Finance
City Property Tax
- City Property Tax Bills for the year 2017 will be mailed out on or before March 1, 2017.
- Last payment date of discount period: April 30, 2017.
- Last payment date of face value for City Property Tax Bills: June 30, 2017.
- Last Payment of City Property Taxes for 2017 (with penalty): February 15, 2018
- Payment with penalty begins: July 1, 2017 and ends February 15, 2018
- No payments are accepted by the City of Chester after February 15, 2018
- Payment arrangements must be made with the Delaware County Tax Claim Bureau following this date.
Mailing Address/Office Location:
1 Fourth Street
Chester, PA 19013
Office Hours Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 4:00pm. City Hall is closed on holidays.
Make check or money order payable to the City Treasurer, no cash please. You can address any questions or concerns regarding your City Real Estate Taxes to the Treasurer’s office at 610-447-7801.
*Partial payments are accepted. (No set amount)
Earned Income Tax (EIT)
Resident rate 2.75% of gross wages.
Non-resident rate 1.05% of gross wages.
All residents are required to file a FINAL if the residents taxes are being withheld by the employer.
Residents who are not having the tax withheld MUST file quarterly estimates and a FINAL return.
Local Services Tax (LST)
LST is a fifty two dollar ($52.00) flat tax for any employee working in the City of Chester. The tax is collected on a prorated basis, determined by the number of payroll periods established by an employer.
Business Privilege Tax (BPT)
The tax is based on the GROSS receipts of a business prior to any deductions.
Tax rate is a millage-based tax.
Tax Rates for Business Types
Tax volume x .00365
Tax volume x .00330
Tax volume x .00250
License fee per year:$5.00
Minimum Tax due:$20
EIT, LST, and BPT are collected by the City’s designated Act 511 tax collector, e Collect Plus, LLC